Setting up your new account in Office
Follow the instruction below to setup Office and Outlook using your new Office 365 Account
Set the password for your new account
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com
- Sign in using your new account.
- Your new email address will be the same format as your old, but instead of @rvhmanagement.com it will be @impactmhc.com.
- Example, email@example.com would now be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You'll be prompted for your temporary password, which we have provided to you, and then a new permanent password.
- Password requirements are at least 8 characters, and 3 out of the following 4 character types. Uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, and special character.
Uninstall Office 2016 from your computer
- On the Start menu, enter Control Panel in the search box and select Control Panel from the results.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features, then right-click on Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus -en-us, and choose Uninstall
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once Office is uninstalled, I highly recommend that you reboot your computer. This will ensure the smoothest process going forward.
Install Office using your new account
- In your web browser, navigate to https://portal.office.com.
- Sign in using your new account, i.e. email@example.com.
- From here, select the drop-down for Install Office apps and then Office 2016.
- When prompted to run or save the file, select 'Run' if the option is available to you. If not, select 'Save File'
- Saving the file will place it in your downloads, find the file and run it
- Follow the instructions on your screen to finish the Office installation
Configure a new mail profile
- From the Start menu, enter Control Panel in the search box and select Control Panel from the results.
- Make sure that your current Control Panel view is set to Small icons.
- Select Mail (Microsoft Office Outlook 2016) (32-bit) from the Control Panel menu.
- A new window will appear, click on Show Profiles...
- On the next screen, click Add...
- Enter a name for your new profile, I suggest you use your first name followed by Impact MHC, then press OK
- Another new window will appear and will probably have some information filled out already. Under Email Account > Email Address, change the email address to your new email @impactmhc.com.
- Example: If your old address was firstname.lastname@example.org, your new email address will be email@example.com
- Enter and confirm your password, review the information that you've entered, and then select Next >
- Your computer will now search for the server settings and connect to your new mail account. When it discovers the server settings, you'll be met with a new sign-in window. Enter your email address and then password to finish connecting.
- When the account setup is complete, you'll be returned to the Mail window. Here, use the dropdown menu to change the setting for Always use this profile to the profile you just created.
- Launch Outlook, you're now connected to your new mail account!
Configure your email signature
- In Outlook, draft a new email.
- From the top ribbon, select Signature > Signatures..
- Your old signatures should still be available for you to select. Under Choose default signature select the signature you would like to use for new messages and replies, then select OK.
Import your old autocomplete data
This is the data that is used to auto-fill email addresses when you start entering a recipient. This step is a bit more complicated than the others, only proceed if you've felt comfortable so far.
- We need to send an email from your new account before we can perform the next steps. Send a test email to any email address and then restart Outlook.
- Download the tool NK2Edit from NirSoft and open it.
- Double click on the application NK2Edit and then select Run to start the tool.
- When the tool opens, you should see your old autocomplete file. Select Edit > Select All then Edit > Copy.
- Select File > Open .NK2 File.
- A new window will appear. From the bottom of the window, use the dropdown menu to view All Files (*.*)
- Sort the list by Date modified and select the most recent file that starts with Stream_Autocomplete.... Then select Open
- This file should have a very small file size, most likely 2kb.
- When this file opens, the only entry should be the email address we sent our test to in the first step. Select Edit > Paste.
- Close Outlook. If we don't, the next step will fail.
- Select the Save icon in NK2Edit.
- Open Outlook again. Begin drafting an email and you should see your data auto-complete.
- We're done! Go ahead and close out of NK2Edit and any other open windows we no longer need.
For Community Managers, add your community email addresses to Outlook.
- In Outlook, select File > Add Account.
- A new window will appear and after some time will prompt you to enter an email address. Enter the email address of the community that you need added and press Connect.
- A Windows Security window will appear asking for credentials. Replace the email address here with your email address, not the address for the community.
- In the password field enter your email password.
If your email address was firstname.lastname@example.org, your security window should look like the picture below. do not use the email address for the community on this form.
- Repeat these steps for any other community email addresses you have access to.